Easy // 25 mins // 2 Quarts
Whether you love greens or are learning to do so, you’ll love this preparation. Creamy greens, onions & Harvest vegetables in a cream sauce perfumed w/ nutmeg. Yum, Yum Yum.
- 1-1/2 Cups Heavy Cream, organic
- 1 Cup Water
- (Opt) 1/4 Cup Dry Marsala
- 1 Onion, half moon slices
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Pinch Nutmeg
- 3 Cups Favorite Harvest Vegetables (yellow squash, red peppers, corn)
- 1 Pound Favorite Harvest Greens (kale, spinach, chard)
- (Opt) 2 Tbs Fresh Herbs (basil, parsley)
Simmer the onion, cream, water, salt, pepper, Marsala, nutmeg over medium heat for about 8 mins until onion is tender. Remember cream boils over if the heat is too high.
Add in the vegetables (but not the greens) and simmer for another 5 to 8 mins until veggies are tender to your liking.
Stir in the greens. They will wilt and cook rapidly in just a few mins. Remove from heat and serve.
This makes a great sauce for pasta. Add chicken, seafood or sausages for a superb entrée. I served mine w/ Harvest yam & green bean brown rice to soak up every drop of that creamy goodness. Share your creations on Hungry Harvest social media.