Hearty Harvest Curry
Easy // 20 mins // Serves 4
The word curry is the anglicized version of the Tamil word kari, meaning sauce. Our Harvest version is adapted from the home-style versions of the Gupta family. Just a few spices create a clean crisp flavor base for a wide variety of vegetables.
- 2 Tbs EVOO or Coconut or Avocado Oil
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seed
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 Cups Hard Vegetables, diced (I used rutabaga)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 Tbs Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- (Opt) 1/2 Tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 1/2 Cups Water or Broth
- 3 Quarts Harvest Veggies (I used zucchini, yellow pepper, eggplant, kale & cherry tomatoes)
- 2 Cups Favorite Beans (I used garbanzos)
Heat the oil & add in the cumin seed, when they sizzle & are fragrant add the onion, cinnamon stick & hard vegetables. Saute over high heat for 8 to 10 mins.
Add in the remaining spices, ginger, salt & pepper & toss for until their fragrance has bloomed, just a moment or so. Then add the water, beans & harvest veggies. Cook until veggies are tender, about 5 to 8 mins. Taste as you go. I kept back the greens & tomatoes until the end.
Serve family style in a large bowl. This makes a hearty main or side dish. Garnish w/ cilantro if desired.
Full flavored and fragrant w/ earthy spices this curry is subtle & crisp. It’s destined to become a Harvest Hero favorite, adaptable to all the veggies of the season. Tag this recipe & keep it handy!